Winter Solstice Party!

 Remember how I talk about being lucky because I'm invited to all kids of new and different things? Well this year I got invited to a Winter Solstice party! This candle above is lit at last sunlight and no artificial light is allowed until the party is over! This candle is also used to light all other candles and the plum pudding too (as you'll see)!
 After the singing and the festivities there is a feast! I tried mincemeat (which is not meat!)!
 And this was what I'm guessing was the summer plum pudding.
After the singing the solstice pudding/cake is lit aflame with brandy.
And the party feast is underway!
 I had some, it was a new flavor for sure, but good!

(focus for this was by guess, it was 10:30 pm on the shortest day of the year)
And even an offering made to animals. 

It was a crazy night!

No comments: